Issues in "Hello world example"
Added by Supachai Vorapojpisut 7 months ago
- Intel i5-6200U, 2.4 GHz, 16 GB, SSD
- Windows 10 Pro version 2004, region setting: Thai
- MATLAB 2020b academic license, full installation
- M5StickC, ESP32, 4MB, driver and serial port confirmed
- Reboot machine and run MATLAB
- Install Waijung2 using install_waijung2.m
- Create a blank Simulink model
- Add Waijung 2 Target Setup block -> 2 warnings in MATLAB command window
Warning: Support for the RTW.HWDeviceRegistry class will be removed in a future release.
Warning: The value 'COM20' of the mask parameter 'esp32comport' for the block 'untitled/Waijung 2 Target Setup' is not valid.
- Set memory and COM port
- Add Digital Out and Pulse Generator blocks -> no Build button
Use Apps tab > Embedded Coder to show C Code tab
- Configure power setting for Best Performance
- Start Build > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time
- Set Region format in Windows to US
- Need to restart MATLAB to take effect, then run Embedded Coder again
- Start build > Virus protection active and slow down building process
Took 9 mins to finish > no update status after Auto compile and download process initiating..., then show build status at the end.
RE: Issues in "Hello world example" - Added by Dhanika Mahipala (ดานิก้า) 7 months ago
Can you please mention the virus guard you are using which runs during the build process?
RE: Issues in "Hello world example" - Added by Supachai Vorapojpisut 7 months ago
Windows Defender, included with Windows 10. I have to disable Real-time protection to make it faster. I suggest that tutorial should explain this point to make better experience while building code.